With social distancing and the 21-day lockdown well underway, you may be feeling royally bored. Why not use this time to become more financially literate to boost the way you manage your finances?
Metropolitan, in partnership with FunDza, an online literacy portal dedicated to helping South Africans better their reading, writing and learning skills, developed a short online course. The course, Moving up with the Majolas, is available from 9 April – 30 June 2020 and aims to help you brush up on your financial knowledge. And the best part, it’s FREE if you download the Moya app!
The course tells the fictional story of the Majolas, while covering a number of educational themes – from personal financial management, to setting up a new business – all packaged in a fun and easy-to-follow format. Each one of the course’s 10 chapters covers a specific financial principle, followed by an information section where the lesson is expanded upon. Participants are later quizzed on their learnings through a series of surveys. Complete the 10 chapter course with Metropolitan and FunDza and you could win a smartphone. Ts&Cs apply.
How to sign-up
Option 01 (the data free version…whoop whoop)
- Download Moya Messenger on Google Play Store It is data free, which means that you don’t pay for any data through the site. Moya is reverse-billed, which means that Metropolitan pays for the data, not you.
- In Moya Messenger, you need to find FunDza by doing the following:
• Go to ‘Discover’
• Click on ‘Read books’
• Click on ‘FunDza’
• Search for ‘Moving up with the Majolas’
• Complete the chapters.
The online course is free and requires zero-data across all cellphone networks, except Rain mobile.
Option 02 (not data free)
Through the FunDza mobisite
What’s in it for you?
- The person who completes the course either through Option 01 or Option 02 and gets the highest score, will win a smartphone to the value of R5 000.
- Each person who successfully completes the course is awarded a certificate of completion, while the top 10 participants in terms of overall score will also receive a prize from FunDza; a selection of three books.
- Everyone who gets more than 70% on average for the quizzes will receive a certificate of excellence and completion.
Please remember, Ts&Cs for the prizes apply.
Once you’ve registered on the FunDza site, you’ll also have free access to their library of books, short stories and other content on the site.
So go on, download the app, complete the course and set yourself up with the skills to make better financial decisions. Because managing your money better matters to you, equipping you with the knowledge to do this matters to us.
This initiative forms part of Metropolitan’s focus on supporting communities through improving financial literacy.
Together we can.